Thursday, February 28, 2013

We have answers...but do we?

So talk about feeling like a failure to your child. We finally know what the name is of what is going on with my 14 year old son! We may have a name but really no answers!!!!


                                                    (Cody 2008)

After almost 2 months of waiting the Genetics Department called and has a name for us....Cody has a 10p13 deletion and has OVER 20 Genes missing from his body.....not sure what genes and not sure how important those genes are???

I can tell you for the last 14 years I have been searching for something, I knew something was not right but no one agreed with me (he has ADHD) so finally as he is in the 7th grade and barely holding his own at school :( I decided I was not going to stop searching until someone heard me..... Yes he has ADHD and OOD and an IQ of 72 but he also has 10p13 deletion.....

1 comment:

  1. Love you Steph! We are here with you on this journey for the whole duration!

    ReplyDelete